Trekking is without doubt one of the most enjoyable actions that one can do in his or her lifetime. There are lots of people who love to do it, however some are afraid too. We’re not right here to speak concerning the trekking vacation spot that requires all of your vitality and plenty of days and months. The love for nature has impressed many to turn out to be a trekker. There are a number of trekking websites that permit you to witness the perfect type of nature and Sandakphu trek is certainly one of them. We won’t be shocked to listen to if you happen to haven’t recognized about this trek earlier than. Effectively, it’s a hidden gem that not everyone seems to be conscious of. Saying that, you may not be aware of the small print of this trek. So, here’s a helpful information for all of the adventurous souls who wish to trek and discover the pure magnificence on their very own.
About Sandakphu Trek
This is without doubt one of the most stunning and simple Himalayan treks. Attributable to its numerous options and recognition amongst folks, it’s thought of as one of many must-do treks for individuals who love trekking. It begins after the Singalila Ridge, which lies on the southern finish of a protracted peak. The height goes all the way down to Kanchendzonga massif. This types the outskirts between Sikkim and Nepal. The primary vital place you want to attain for this trek is New Jalpaiguri. The precise trekking will begin from Manebhanjan.
The sandakphu trek distance is 47 km. Those that love trekking couldn’t afford to overlook visiting this place. Among the very spectacular factors could possibly be seen while you’re shifting in the direction of the vacation spot. While you lastly attain your vacation spot, you may see two of the very best peaks on this planet and they’re K2 and Everest. There isn’t any doubt that this one factor is sufficient to entice not simply the trekkers, however regular folks too, who love mountains and nature. One ought to keep away from going for Sandakphu trek in December.
What Is Particular About Sandakphu Trek?
The very first particular factor that you must learn about Sandakphu trek in Darjeeling is that it’s thought of as one of many highest treks of West Bengal. Attributable to its wonderful peak and the opposite highlights, folks additionally name it ‘Trekkers Wonderland’. Your trek will begin from Darjeeling, however it’ll take you to a number of the unknown and unexplored elements of Sikkim and Nepal. Whereas speaking concerning the specialty of this trek, one cannot overlook to say that when you attain your closing vacation spot, you may see peaks like Mount Everest, K2 and different fashionable ones of this vary.
So, if one has to speak about this specific trek, then it could possibly be stated that this isn’t a spot to be missed. The absolute best method to know the highlights of this place is by visiting it in actual life. Additionally, just remember to don’t plan your Sandakphu trek in winter as it’s not an acceptable time for trekking there.
It comes within the Singalila Vary and is the very best level of it. If you happen to ask for the situation of it in India, then it’s positioned in Darjeeling on the West Bengal – Nepal border. The peak of this peak is 3665 m; 11,930 ft. If you happen to speak about its location in Nepal, then it lies in Ilam district there. The route of sandakphu trek isn’t that troublesome and average stage of trekkers can cowl this trek.
Here’s a attainable itinerary of Sandakphu Trek which could enable you to to plan your personal.
Day 1: As talked about earlier, you’ll need to succeed in New Jalpaiguri to begin your trek from there. So, in your first day of the trek, you’ll need to succeed in right here. After reaching this place, you can be taken to the vacation spot from the place you’ll begin your trekking and that’s Manebhanjan. It’ll take you Four hours to succeed in Manebhanjan from New Jalpaiguri.
Day 2: The precise trekking will begin from Day 2. On today, you want to stroll for five hours and canopy 11 km. This 5-hour stroll will take you to Tumling, which is without doubt one of the most stunning locations of Singalila Vary. The peak of this peak is 9,500ft. This trek will begin quickly after you might have had your breakfast.
Day 3: On the third day of your trek, you want to cowl 9 km and it’ll take you 5 hours to take action. After overlaying this 9 km, you’ll attain to Singalila Nationwide Park and Kalipokhri. You possibly can have the ability to witness a number of the finest pure sceneries whereas strolling by means of this nationwide park. You possibly can keep there for that night time and may begin your journey once more the following morning.
Day 4: The subsequent day, your information will ask to stroll for Four hours and you may cowl eight km after that. After you have coated this distance, you’ll attain among the finest locations on this total trek. This specific level will permit you to see Sandakphu Peak, Mt Khangchendzonga, Mt Everest and a few mesmerising sundown views. You possibly can name it probably the most thrilling day of the trek.
Day 5: Now, it’s time to return, however you shouldn’t be disillusioned, as there are locations nonetheless ready for you. You now want to succeed in Srikhola and for that, you want to stroll for 7 hours. In these 7 hours, you may cowl 17 km. For the primary half, you want to attain Gurdum, which can take you 5 hours. After that, you want to dedicate 2 extra hours after which you’ll lastly attain to Srikhola.
Day 6: The top has come. It’s essential to take a drive from Srikhola to New Jalpaiguri. You’ll attain from the place you began. After that, you may take an acceptable manner of conveyance to succeed in your private home.
What To See On The Trek
Listed here are the quaint locations that you’ll come throughout in your trek. These locations supply picturesque views and reminiscences that you’ll absolutely relish perpetually. Have a look!
- Manebhanjan: Manebhanjan is the place to begin of the Sandakphur Trek and on the primary day, you may keep on this serene city after which begin the trek the following day. This city is understood for the 1960 mannequin Land Rover taxis that may take you to the Sandakphu Peak. If you’re up for a bumpy trip and will not be thinking about trekking then you may rent the Land Rover and attain the height.
- Chitrey: Situated at a distance of three km from Manebhanjan, Chitrey is a surprising mountain village the place the trekkers take the primary break of their trek. It takes round 1.5 hours to succeed in Chitrey from Manebhanjan. In your break, you may go to the outdated Buddhist Monastery positioned in Chitrey and after that, you may head to the Chitre restaurant for relishing scrumptious dishes like Maggi, momos, and noodles.
- Tumling: On the second day of your trek, you’ll attain Tumling, a hamlet with ravishing views, and cozy keep choices. You keep at this hamlet and even benefit from the native meals whereas soaking the picture-perfect view of Kangchenjunga Vary.
- Singalila Nationwide Park: Get able to be bewitched by the following vacation spot that the trek will take you to. Singalila Nationwide Park is without doubt one of the most visited locations in West Bengal. When you trek by means of this nationwide park, you may spot animals just like the leopard cat, pink panda, yellow-throated marten, barking deer, and wild boar. This nationwide park is dwelling to numerous chook species like satyr tragopan, scarlet minivet, kalij pheasant, and blood pheasant. From Singalila Nationwide Park you may simply benefit from the spectacular view of Sandakphu Peak. You possibly can keep at Gurdum at night time after which begin your trek again the following day.
- Srikhola: Whereas getting back from Sandakphu Peak, you’ll cross Srikhola. Srikhola river and the village is without doubt one of the most traveled to spots in Darjeeling and if you’re up for enjoyable amidst nature and clicking instaworthy footage then it’s essential to cease for some time at this village. This village is positioned on the foothills of the Singalila Nationwide Park and whereas returning you may even spot Pink Panda right here. You possibly can sit close to the village and marvel at your environment and breathe within the contemporary air at Srikhola.
How To Attain
The best way of reaching this vacation spot is determined by the place you reside in. If talked concerning the mode of conveyance, then you may both take a flight or a prepare to succeed in right here. For trekking, you want to attain New Jalpaiguri. You possibly can e-book your prepare tickets and attain Jalpaiguri railway station. Nevertheless, if you wish to take a flight, you may e-book your tickets and attain Bagdogra Airport. You possibly can test the provision of tickets in response to the place you reside in.
Planning your vacation however confused about the place to go? These journey tales enable you to discover your finest journey ever!
Do’s And Don’ts
- The very very first thing that you might not skip is a trekking pole. That is one thing with out which you’ll’t even think about a trek to achieve success. So, just remember to are carrying that with you. It will make your motion within the mountains straightforward.
- Aside from this, the one factor that may make this trek snug and simple for you is the kind of garments that you’re carrying. It’s advisory to put on gentle and cozy garments throughout this trek. Attempt to keep away from body-hugging garments, as they are going to make you uncomfortable and may even destroy your trek.
- A information is a should. There are lots of people who say that they’ve studied the map rigorously and thus, they know the place to go and methods to attain. Now, this received’t work within the case of mountains. You cannot predict any path earlier than understanding about it intimately. So, it’s at all times advisory to rent a information with you. She or he will enable you to in simply reaching your vacation spot.
- If you are on a trek, regardless of which place you might be in or what sort of a whether or not it’s, you must at all times carry ample water with your self. One of the simplest ways to keep away from any form of sickness is to hold sufficient water with your self.
- Not simply the paths throughout a trek are unpredictable, however the climate too. It’s steered that you simply learn concerning the climate forecast earlier than visiting a selected place. Nevertheless, there could possibly be sudden climate modifications within the mountains and no one might inform about it earlier. Now, the one factor one might do is to arrange oneself for the worst. Carry issues that would shield you from this pure assault.
- Aside from trekking pole, snug garments, and a very good information, the one factor that must be there to make your trek extra snug and simple for you is sweet trekking sneakers. Throughout your trek, the whole journey is all about your capability for strolling. To be sure that your legs don’t harm a lot and the journey is easy, preserve a very good pair of trekking sneakers with you.
- There’s a sample of strolling within the mountains and if you happen to comply with that, your journey will likely be easy and simple. There are a number of issues associated to it and if you wish to learn about all of them, then you are able to do a fast analysis about it. One fundamental factor that you want to comply with is that, every time you might be shifting within the descending order, you want to stroll flat-footed. Nevertheless, if you end up strolling in ascending order, you want to dig your heel first. This trick may be very useful whereas rain and snow.
- Lots of people have this behavior of carrying a bundle of medicines wherever they go. It’s a good behavior, however while you’re on a trek, you want to comply with sure guidelines. This isn’t a typical journey and also you don’t know what your physique needs. You don’t want to fret about it, simply seek the advice of your information earlier than taking any medicine. They’re skilled on this area and act as the perfect docs right here.
So, this was all concerning the Sandakphu trek. Now we have talked about the whole lot that’s vital for folks to know if they’re going for Sandakphu trek. The placement, it’s route, itinerary and all different issues have defined on your comfort. So, with out additional ado, plan your journey to Darjeeling and get your backpacks prepared for this trek.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit score for pictures featured on our weblog website until in any other case famous. All visible content material is copyrighted to its respectful house owners. We attempt to hyperlink again to unique sources every time attainable. If you happen to personal rights to any of the pictures and don’t want them to look on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they are going to be promptly eliminated. We imagine in offering correct attribution to the unique writer, artist or photographer.
Incessantly Requested Questions About Sandakphu Trek
Q. At what peak is Sandakphu located?
A. Sandakphu is located at an altitude of 11,929 ft. That is the very best summit within the Singalila vary and West Bengal too.
Q. Are Sandakphu trek and Singalila trek the identical?
A. The trek route of Sandakphu goes by means of the Singalila vary. Subsequently, additionally it is referred to as the Singalila trek many occasions.
Q. Which place is the bottom of Sandakphu trek?
A. The Sandakphu trek begins from Manebhanjan. It’s a small township positioned at an altitude of seven,054 ft. It’s the base of the Sandakphu trek.
Q. How can we attain the bottom of Sandakphu trek?
A. The bottom of Sandakphu trek, Manebhanjan might be reached by hiring a taxi from the closest railway station, New Jalpaiguri. You can too get a taxi from the closest airport, Bagdogra. The route passes through Mirik. So, in case you don’t get a direct taxi, then you definitely attain Mirik and take a taxi from there.
Q. Is it necessary to have a information on the Sandakphu trek?
A. Sure, earlier than beginning the Sandakphu trek you want to just remember to have a registered information or porter information with you. If you’re going by means of a tour operator then they are going to prepare for one, in any other case, you prepare to make. Earlier it was not necessary, however now it has been made necessary to have a state authorities registered information or porter with you on the trek.
Q. What’s the whole distance of the Sandakphu trek?
A. The Sandakphu trek begins from the bottom, Manebhanjan. The gap of Sandakphu from Manebhanjan is thirty-two kilometers. If you wish to trek farther from Sandakphu to Phalut then it’s one other twenty kilometers from Sandakphu.
Q. How a lot time is required to finish the Sandakphu trek?
A. On common, the Sandakphu trek takes two to 3 days to finish. If you happen to stroll for close to about 9 hours a day, then you may full the trek simply in simply two days. In any other case, it’ll take three days to finish the trek. Often, folks take three days to finish the trek.
Q. What are some suggestions to bear in mind earlier than starting the Sandakphu trek?
A. Earlier than starting the trek you want to just remember to have a state authorities registered information or porter, allow for Singalila Nationwide park, lodgings alongside the route, and so forth. Aside from this you additionally want different gears in case you might be travelling within the winter.
Wanting To Ebook An Worldwide Vacation?
Folks Additionally Learn